When you have cancer or another diagnosis that calls for infusion treatment, you can rely on the Eisenhower Lucy Curci Cancer Center Infusion Centers to take care of you. Here, your needs come first and that is reflected in everything we do. From our team of experienced, caring medical professionals to our new facilities focused on patient comfort and convenience - we're here for you.
The Lucy Curci Cancer Center offers infusion services at the following locations:
- Leo and Gloria Rosen Infusion Center in the Lucy Curci Cancer Center — Rancho Mirage
- Eisenhower Desert Cancer Care Infusion Center — Rancho Mirage
- Eisenhower Hematology Oncology Specialty Infusion Center — Rancho Mirage
- Eisenhower BIGHORN Infusion Center — La Quinta
- Eisenhower Health Center at Yucca Valley — Yucca Valley
The Leo and Gloria Rosen Infusion Center —A Place Where Your Needs Come First
Combining Clinical Excellence with Compassionate Care
We understand the challenges, both physical and emotional, that affect every patient and their loved ones. That is why our team of Registered Nurses are experienced in infusion services, certified in chemotherapy administration and available to provide information and answer questions. Patient and family education is an essential part of your care. We encourage all of our patients to be informed and active partners in their treatment and healing process. Whether it is special instructions for taking care during and after treatments, or tips to help reduce unpleasant side effects associated with some infusions. We help treat the disease and care for the whole person - our patient.
- Chemotherapy is the treatment of cancer with powerful medications to destroy cancer cells by stopping their growth and reproduction. Often referred to as "anti-cancer" drugs, they are most often administered intravenously (IV) or by injection or orally. Chemotherapy can be used alone, or in conjunction with radiation therapy or surgery.
- Blood transfusions - Administration of blood components such as red blood cells, platelets and plasma when individuals have low blood counts due to various illnesses.
- Intravenous antibiotic treatment - to treat infections.
- Subcutaneous injections - Administration of injectible drugs such as those used to boost production of red or white blood cells, or in anticoagulant therapy.
- Hydration therapy - Infusion therapy to treat dehydration in patients undergoing chemotherapy or persons dehydrated due to insufficient fluid intake.
- Bone marrow withdrawal - For testing and diagnosis.
- Blood draws for lab tests - A convenient service that eliminates the need for Infusion Center patients go to other locations for related blood tests to monitor the treatment.
Uncompromising Clinical Care in a Comfortable Setting
In addition, the Eisenhower Lucy Curci Cancer Center has complete Cancer Support Services offering resources, programs and support groups to help patients and their loved ones. For more information, ask a member of our team or contact Cancer Support Services directly at 760-674-3602.
When you don't feel well you are often forced to leave the comfort of your home to receive treatment that is usually provided in a cold, sterile and institutional setting. This is not the case at the Infusion Center at Eisenhower Lucy Curci Cancer Center. From the picture windows, ceiling murals and elegant etched glass to the welcoming smiles of our staff, our Center was designed with you in mind - to make your treatment experience as pleasant and comfortable as possible. We've taken every detail into account to help you feel at home.
- Complimentary valet service.
- Oversized reclining treatment chairs.
- Individual televisions, DVD and CD players to help patients relax by watching their favorite programs or movies, or listening to music.
- Pillows and heated blankets.
- A variety of refreshments such as juice, soda, crackers and cookies; or an expanded menu when treatments extend through meal times.
- Semi-private rooms available upon request and according to individual circumstances.
Our nurses' station is located in the middle of the Center and allows our staff to provide the care and attention necessary while reducing surrounding noise and distractions that may make it difficult for patients to rest and relax. The unique environment within our Infusion Center is complemented by the additional features of the Eisenhower Lucy Curci Cancer Center, such as a tranquil Auxiliary Healing Garden available for strolls in the fresh air and sunlight or personal meditation. All of these details combined create a healing place like no other SM for our patients.