History of Eisenhower Medical Center - Video
Eisenhower Campus - Photo Gallery
Eisenhower Medical Center, a 476-bed full-service hospital, is the only not-for-profit hospital in the Coachella Valley. Through generous philanthropic support, Eisenhower has expanded its facilities and services to meet the demands of a growing Coachella Valley, including:
- The Walter and Leonore Annenberg Pavilion, a state-of-the-art, four-story inpatient facility, built to increase the capacity of the hospital and to meet the state's requirements for seismic safety
- Two outpatient facilities in Palm Springs, California
- The expansion of Tennity Emergency Department from 17,000 to 43,600 square feet.
- The Stacey and Greg Renker Pavilion which includes 24 finely appointed suites.
- The 92,000-square-foot Eisenhower George and Julia Argyros Health Center located in La Quinta, CA.
- Inpatient Rehabilitation to provide physical and occupational therapy to patients recovering from stroke, orthopedic surgery and other qualifying conditions.
- Inpatient treatment of patients 65 and older experiencing anxiety, depression and other personality disorders (geropsychiatry)
CENTERS OF EXCELLENCE
Our hospital is recognized for its Centers of Excellence in Orthopedics, Cardiovascular at the Eisenhower Smilow Heart Center, Oncology at the Eisenhower Lucy Curci Cancer Center and Neuroscience at the Eisenhower Neuroscience Institute.
Eisenhower Lucy Curci Cancer Center of Excellence
As a Center of Excellence, we offer the cancer patient unrivaled medical care and comprehensive cancer services. Treatment is provided by caring and gentle health care professionals who are always considerate of your dignity and comfort. Our environment nurtures and calms the spirit with the soothing surrounds of gentle waterfalls and the colors of nature. Caring for the person as well as the cancer, the Eisenhower Lucy Curci Cancer Center is indeed a healing place like no other.
Smilow Heart Center of ExcellenceEisenhower Smilow Heart Center is a Center of Excellence providing a full range of advanced cardiac care services. For more than 30 years, Eisenhower Medical Center has built a reputation as one of the premier health care facilities in the country offering patients the benefits of advanced technology in a safe, caring and healing environment.
A teaching hospital, Eisenhower hosts doctors who observe Eisenhower physicians performing a valve replacement.
Eisenhower Smilow Heart Center is a recognized leader in cardiac care based on clinical outcomes compared to peers both regionally and nationally. Designated as a teaching site, surgeons from across the country come to Eisenhower Smilow Heart Center to learn the innovative Maze procedure - a cure for atrial fibrillation. Our electrophysiologists lecture nationally on atrial fibrillation and bi-ventricular pacing, and are the regional experts in 3-dimensional noncontact mapping and ablation for arrhythmias.
Eisenhower Neuroscience Center of ExcellenceEisenhower Neuroscience Institute is a Center of Excellence specializing in the surgical and non-surgical treatment of numerous spine and brain disorders. Using state-of-the-art technology, our collaborative, interdisciplinary team is dedicated to providing the finest comprehensive care in the neurosciences.
There is only one area institute renowned for cutting-edge spinal care. Eisenhower Neuroscience Institute is the first hospital in the valley to offer the minimally invasive Extreme Lateral Interbody Fusion to treat back pain.
Eisenhower Neuroscience Institute includes:
- Neurological Surgery
- Neuro-Critical Care
- Neurointerventional Radiology
- Stroke Center
- Parkinson's Center
- Research and Education
- Pain Management
- Alzheimer's/Memory Assessment Center
Eisenhower Orthopedics Center of ExcellenceThe Eisenhower Orthopedic Center of Excellence includes specialists for just about every bone in your body. All of our orthopedic surgeons are board certified, and many have additional fellowship training in areas including sports medicine, total joint replacement, and spine as well as hand and foot disorders.
Eisenhower is ranked among the top five hospitals in California for Overall Orthopedic Services by HealthGrades® (2008 and 2009) and is the recipient of the HealthGrades Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award (2008 and 2009).
Available Programs Include:
- Inpatient and outpatient surgery
- Therapy and rehabilitation
- Joint replacement
- Hand and upper extremity services
- Foot and ankle care
- Sports medicine
- Comprehensive spine services
- Physiatry (nonsurgical approach to pain management)
- Pediatric Orthopedics
- Orthopedic trauma services
- Rheumatology services
Eisenhower Medical Center Facilities
Walter and Leonore Annenberg Pavilion
The first level of the new Annenberg Pavilion houses 34 beds in critical care units (Intensive Care, Coronary Care, Cardiac Surgical), while the lower level houses the hospital cafeteria, Information Systems, Environmental Services, Nutritional Services and the Materials Management departments.
The second, third and fourth levels contain patient rooms fully equipped with state-of-the-art monitoring capabilities and medication dispensing technologies. The second floor will also house a critical care area with a 12-bed Intensive Care Unit dedicated to neuroscience patients. This floor is scheduled to open at a later date.
Eisenhower Medical Center is proud to offer excellent medical care to our community. The inpatient pavilion meets California state requirements for seismic safety mandated by Senate Bill 1953 and also fulfills the Medical Center’s need to address continued growth in the Coachella Valley.
Greg and Stacey Renker Pavilion
Today, with the Greg and Stacey Renker Pavilion, Eisenhower Medical Center has taken patient care to an unprecedented level: we have created the future of individualized, personal patient care, where medical excellence is practiced in a healing environment unlike any other. With private five-star accommodations, dining and service, the all-suite Renker Pavilion offers Eisenhower Medical Center patients the finest in health care amenities.
The Renker Pavilion is the vision of Greg and Stacey Renker, long-time supporters of Eisenhower. After suffering serious health crises of their own, the Renkers wanted to give back to the Eisenhower team who cared for them, and provide future patients with an exceptional hospital experience. The Renkers dreamed of a health care facility that combined elegance, graciousness and warmth with world-class medical care. Now, thanks to their generosity that dream is a reality.
Imagine a fully-appointed five-star hotel with impeccable service, world class amenities, beautiful décor, and a full-time concierge available to meet any and every request. Combine that dedication to comfort and personal service with the best in medicine. That is the Renker Pavilion.
For discerning patients who are looking for an exceptional environment dedicated to individualized health and healing -- it is now yours for the asking at Eisenhower Medical Center.
George and Julia Argyros Health Center
- The facility includes Eisenhower Urgent Care, a same-day care facility for non-emergent health concerns staffed by Board Certified physicians.
- The 10,000-square-foot Eisenhower Imaging Center includes computed tomography (CT) scanners, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound machines, and X-ray.
- Eisenhower Labtechniques serves as a location for routine blood draws and expedites lab tests required by physicians utilizing the Argyros Health Center.
- Eisenhower Desert Orthopedic Center offers fellowship-trained physicians in all of the core subspecialties of orthopedics, including sports medicine, total joint replacement and spine as well as foot and hand disorders.
- The Eisenhower Center for Family Medicine provides Board Certified Family Practice primary care physicians. This medical practice addresses teh existing shortage of Board Certified doctors in the Coachella Valley.
- The Eisenhower BIGHORN Radiation Oncology Center provides convenient access to the newest technology in treating malignant conditions. RapidArc is one of several state-of-the-art external beam radiation treatments available.This convenient location saves numerous patients a daily drive to the Eisenhower campus during cancer treatment.
- At the Eisenhower Healthy Living Resource Center, visitors can obtain information on health topics and programs offered by Eisenhower Health. These include a variety of courses and exercise classes for health and wellness.
- The Eisenhower Argyros Health Center also houses Eisenhower Schnitzer/Novack Breast Center, where mammography and bone density scanning are available.
- The Eisenhower Primary Care 365 Program offers patients traditional face-to-face primary care office visits, as well as an opportunity to communicate with their medical professionals online through our partnership with RelayHealth. This relationship-based approach to care helps patients stay connected to their physician.
- Committed to a lifetime of health and wellness, the Eisenhower Wellness Institute provides stand-alone preventive consultations, including Cognitive Fitness/Memory Preservation, Integrative Medicine, and Sports Medicine.
- The Eisenhower Executive Physical Program is a new service that offers comprehensive one-day health assessments with recommendations and prevention strategies to maintain and improve a patient's health.
Tennity Emergency Department
The new rooms have been praised by both families and medical staff for the privacy and safety they afford patients — private rooms are not only more comfortable, but also more effective for infection control.
The facility has a number of additional features that will help physicians and nurses enhance patient care. Each room is wired with the latest computer technology and contains its own computer, so that the medical team can enter and review patient data immediately.
In addition to the private rooms, there are also four trauma bays, which can accommodate two patients each. The bays are designed like an operating room theater, increasing Eisenhower’s ability to treat multiple trauma victims in the event of a major accident or disaster.
The expanded emergency department also includes the latest in seismic upgrades, and now exceeds all state and federal requirements for earthquake safety.