- When Lynn Peden and her husband Ernie finally moved to the desert full time in the fall of 1997, it was a draam realized. The two had their first date in Palm springs over 26 years ago, and since, had gradually moved here part time.
"We knew... click for more
- While enduring another cold winter, Diane Jennings of Greenwich, Connecticut, was looking forward to a warm visit with her close Coachella Valley friends, Harry and Joy Goldstein. At 56, the energetic interior designer and non-profit organization... click for more
- For months, 32-year-old Joan Brett (not her real name) had felt extremely tired day after day. At first, this mother of two toddlers attributed her severe fatigue and lack of energy to overwork and restlessness throughout the night, or possibly to... click for more
- Eating foods high in carbohydrates, such as pasta, French fries or even an apple, can potentially cause a great deal of harm to your body, as a result of a condition called Insulin Resistance (IR). People with Type 2 diabetes have a 90 percent... click for more
- The uncertainty of the cause or causes of Parkinson’s Disease is profoundly disappointing to anyone affected by the disease, either as a patient, a caregiver or family member. However, the good news is that progress is being made.
There are two... click for more
- Roxanne Jones is a Palm Desert-based freelance writer with extensive experience writing about medical and health-related topics. She began her medical writing career as director of communications for the Massachusetts Medical Society. Today she... click for more
- There was a time, not that long ago, when a diagnosis and treatment plan given by the doctor was the final say in a patient’s awareness of their disease. No matter how knowledgeable or specialized the doctor, there was no other place to go — other... click for more
- If you could reduce your risk of breast cancer or prostate cancer by adjusting your diet, would you do it? Of course, most of us would answer “yes,” yet we still don’t eat the right combination of foods that will help us reach that goal. There is... click for more
- Get Moving