- Ocean Antics - It happens every year — desert temperatures rise until most of us retreat indoors to exercise. We escape to the gym or the mall or to a pool that’s still cool. Or… we... more
- Brain Trust - In late 2009, then 66-year-old William Lopez did what he characterizes as a back flip on the ice in front of his Athol, Idaho home, hitting his head when he landed.
- Back On His Feet - The pain in his back and leg had gotten so severe that 74-year-old Jay Kepner could barely walk.
“Even with a walker, I couldn’t go any distance,” recalls the Bermuda... more
- New Gastroenterology Specialty Clinic - In January, Eisenhower Medical Center opened a new Gastroenterology Specialty Clinic with Board Certified Gastroenterologists Noel Curry, MD and James Conti, MD.... more
- Changing Lives - Don’t wait — exercise your right to great health at the Eisenhower Renker Wellness Center, which features dynamic cardiac and pulmonary wellness programs.
- Physician Roundtable - Neuroscience - The anatomy of the cervical spine generally permits a good range of flexibility and motion under normal circumstances. Unfortunately, it is also vulnerable to unforeseen... more
- 5 Things you can do right now as part of your... - 1. Browse Your Photo Albums Spend some time flipping through some old photo albums or an electronic tablet and take a trip down memory lane. You may find yourself... more
- The Blink Of An Eye - Eyelids are vital structures many of us take for granted, yet we often forget about them when it comes to sun protection. Eyelid cancer accounts for up to 10 percent of... more
- Michael’s Pizzeria - Italy has arrived in Rancho Mirage, fresh from the belly of an 850 degree oven — picture a hand-thrown, bubbled crust pizza dressed in tomato, mozzarella, basil and... more
- Portion Control - The issues surrounding weight gain can be complex, but there are strategies for losing weight slowly and sensibly, with a long-term goal of ongoing weight management and... more
- Whitewater Preserve - Formerly home to the Whitewater Trout Farm, the Whitewater Preserve was purchased by the Wildlands Conservancy, a nonprofit organization that buys and restores... more
- Bubbles of Fun - Abigail Sanford enjoys a weekend in Catalina, scuba diving with her brother Daniel and her father, Eisenhower Urologist Michael Sanford, MD.
- President’s Message - In this issue of Healthy Living, we focus on the Neuroscience Center of Excellence, exploring conditions of the spine, neck and brain in depth. Aches and pains are... more
- Eisenhower Desert Orthopedic Center - In keeping with its longstanding tradition of community service, Eisenhower Desert Orthopedic Center (EDOC) is involved in numerous activities and programs that “pay it... more
- The Memory Assessment Center - Since 2007, residents of the Coachella Valley who are struggling with memory changes — and the people who love them —have been offered close-to-home access to the Memory... more
- Barbara Sinatra and Mary Hart- An Intimate... - In April, the Junior League Sustainers of the Coachella Valley and the Barbara Sinatra Children’s Center at Eisenhower will partner to recognize National Child Abuse... more
- Eisenhower Physician Presents Internationally On... - Over the past several years, Svetlana Rubakovic, MD, FACP has been invited to present new research data about melanoma genetics to the international melanoma community —... more
- Breast-Imaging — Seeing Inside The Clouds - In the world of breast imaging, dense breasts present the most difficult problems in detecting cancer. Standard mammography equipment often cannot detect cancer lesions... more
- A Primer On Choosing A Primary Care Physician - The importance of having a primary care physician cannot be overstated. A primary care physician is a doctor who helps patients maintain their overall health and... more
- Relief From A Lifetime Of Suffering - Engineer and private pilot Neil Whelchel was just nine years old when he first experienced the rapid palpitations. “I would change my position or hold my breath and it... more