News: Featured Articles
Featured VideoCoping with Summer Heat - Euthym Kontaxis, M.D., Medical Director at Eisenhower Medical Center Tennity Emergency Department comments on rising temperatures in the valley as seen on KMIR 6.
click to view
- Annenberg Center Welcomes New President and CEO The Annenberg Center for Health Sciences at Eisenhower welcomes Michael Hite as its President and Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Hite will oversee strategic and operational activities for the... click for more
- Information about Medicare with Medi-Cal Benefit Changes Patients who currently have a “Medi/Medi” plan have recently received information about Cal MediConnect, which will be implemented in 2014. Please click here to read how this new program may affect... click for more
- Eisenhower Receives Top “A” Grade in Leapfrog’s Spring 2014 Hospital Safety Score Designed to rate how well hospitals protect patients from accidents, errors, injuries and infections, the latest Hospital Safety Score honored Eisenhower Medical Center with an “A” — its top grade in... click for more
- Eisenhower Named 2013 Most Wired Two Years in a Row For the second consecutive year, Eisenhower Medical Center has been recognized as one of the nation’s “Most Wired” health care facilities, according to the results of the 2013 Most Wired Survey released in the July issue of Hospitals & Health Networks magazine.... click for more
- Eisenhower First in Coachella Valley to Offer Cryoablation for Fibroadenomas According to the National Institutes of Health, fibroadenoma is the most common benign tumor found in the breast. Typically, treatment for fibroadenomas either involves watchful waiting or surgery. For Coachella Valley residents, there is now another option - cryoablation,... click for more
- Eisenhower Designated a Leader in LGBT Health Care Equality Eisenhower Medical Center has been recognized as a Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality in the Healthcare Equality Index 2013, an annual survey conducted by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation, the educational arm of the country’s largest lesbian, gay, bisexual and... click for more
Committed to Excellence: Meet Our Staff
- Meet the Previous Winners of the Jackie Lee Houston Shining Stars recognition... click for more
- In their Own Words - Listen to interviews with our past Shining Star Award Winners including Andrew Hendrian, Dean Demir, Debbie Lavorgna, Liz Edmundson, Liz Siino, Luis Aldeguer, Lynne Malestic, Pamela Moorman, Rosalinda Garcia and Zach Miller click for more
Events: Upcoming at Eisenhower - View all Events
Healthy Living: Magazine & Television - Read Online
- Eisehower Lucy Curci Cancer Center A healing place like no other.
These words accurately reflect what Eisenhower Lucy Curci Cancer Center offers to people with cancer and their families. The nationally accredited Cancer Center combines today’s most advanced diagnostic tools, cutting-edge treatments, access to clinical trials, an exceptional team of cancer specialists and extensive support services — all housed in a beautifully appointed facility designed to enhance healing.
“There’s no reason to leave the desert for cancer treatment,” says the Cancer Center’s Chief Administrative Officer Lilli Mandelik. “The treatment you receive here is on par with any big metropolitan cancer center, but we’re right here in your own backyard.”
In fact, the Cancer Center marked its 10th anniversary in 2013, a milestone that saw the addition of medical oncology to its services. With this expansion, six respected specialists joined the staff (Murthy Andavolu, MD; Kellie Flippin, MD; Varun Gupta, MD; Iliana Popescu, MD; Henry Tsai, MD; and Davood Vafai, MD). In addition, the Cancer Center opened two new infusion suites (Rancho Mirage and La Quinta) to accommodate patients undergoing chemotherapy and other infusion therapies, rounding out an already robust roster of cancer care services.
“Before this, these physicians were private practitioners who sent patients here for services,” Mandelik explains. “Now they work in the Cancer Center, and patients see them here. This integration brings us closer to our ultimate goal of having everything someone with cancer would need in one center as well as our satellite facilities.”
By satellite facilities, Mandelik is referring to the availability of radiation therapy, breast care and infusion therapy at the Eisenhower George and Julia Argyros Health Center in La Quinta. click for more
- All In The Family Family. It’s a theme that suffuses the personal and professional lives of physicians Anne Montgomery, MD, and Glen Stream, MD, who joined Eisenhower Primary Care 365 in 2013. Each is Board Certified in Family Medicine. Each has held leadership positions with the American Academy of Family Physicians. Dr. Montgomery serves as Associate Director of Eisenhower’s Family Medicine residency program. They’re also married to each other and have raised two sons, now out of college. click for more
- The Keys to Success Donna Miller, 76, doesn’t really know how she injured her rotator cuff, a group of four tendons... click for more
- To All Healthy Living Resource Center Members All members of Eisenhower’s Healthy Living Resource Center receive a number of benefits, including... click for more
- The Sweet Tooth Dilemma Have you ever searched your kitchen for something sweet to eat, knowing that you recently tossed... click for more