News: Featured Articles
Featured VideoCoping with Summer Heat - Euthym Kontaxis, M.D., Medical Director at Eisenhower Medical Center Tennity Emergency Department comments on rising temperatures in the valley as seen on KMIR 6.
click to view
- Eisenhower Opens Newest Palm Springs Location! Centrally located in Palm Springs, Eisenhower Health Center at Plaza del Sol offers services ranging from primary care to gastroenterology, providing west valley residents quality health care, close... click for more
- Eisenhower’s New Residency Programs Fill All Positions This summer, Eisenhower Medical Center will welcome 22 medical school graduates to its residency programs. The Coachella Valley’s first Teaching Hospital learned recently that it has filled 100... click for more
- Tips for finding a primary care physician Choosing a primary care physician can be daunting. The following tips may help you get just what the doctor ordered. 1. Talk to your health insurance provider. Most health insurance providers... click for more
- Masters Swim Program Looking for a no-impact, refreshing way to get fit? Consider the Masters Swim Program available through the Family YMCA of the Desert at the new Palm Desert Aquatic Center. Attracting both seasoned and recreational swimmers, the YMCA’s Masters Swim Program is designed to... click for more
- Sports Physicals and Vaccinations for Children This audio interview with Dr. Russel Grant was originally aired on the Joey English radio program.
- The LGBT Community Center of the Desert Eisenhower Medical Center is proud to be a health partner with The LGBT Community Center of the Desert (The Center) in Palm Springs. The partnership features health education and other resources for the community and a yearly-grant for three years in support of The... click for more
Committed to Excellence: Meet Our Staff
- Meet the Previous Winners of the Jackie Lee Houston Shining Stars recognition... click for more
- In their Own Words - Listen to interviews with our past Shining Star Award Winners including Andrew Hendrian, Dean Demir, Debbie Lavorgna, Liz Edmundson, Liz Siino, Luis Aldeguer, Lynne Malestic, Pamela Moorman, Rosalinda Garcia and Zach Miller click for more
Events: This Week at Eisenhower - View all Events
Healthy Living: Magazine & Television - Read Online
- Changing Lives
Don’t wait — exercise your right to great health at the Eisenhower Renker Wellness Center, which features dynamic cardiac and pulmonary wellness programs.
Offering exercise, education and support services, the Center provides the perfect balance of everything patients need to jump-start their health and move toward a goal of total wellness.
“We literally see people change their lives here,” says Julia Dugan, RN, RCP, Coordinator, Renker Wellness Center. “They come in not able to move 10 feet without getting breathless. Then, before long, they’re walking on a treadmill.” click for more
- Physician Roundtable - Neuroscience The anatomy of the cervical spine generally permits a good range of flexibility and motion under... click for more
- 5 Things you can do right now as part of your wellness routine
1. Browse Your Photo Albums
Spend some time flipping through some old photo albums or an electronic tablet and take a trip down memory lane. You may find yourself smiling often.
2. Plan and Plant an Herb Garden
Liven up your morning omelette or evening soup with fresh, home-grown herbs. Plant newly discovered herbs as well as old favorites. click for more
- The Blink Of An Eye
Eyelids are vital structures many of us take for granted, yet we often forget about them when it comes to sun protection. Eyelid cancer accounts for up to 10 percent of all skin cancers. “The skin of the eyelid is very fragile and easily injured by the sun,” says Jennifer Hui, MD, FACS, Board Certified in Ophthalmology. “Most people forget about their eyelids when applying sunscreen and many go out without hats or sunglasses."
Symptoms and Types of Cancer
Sun exposure is cumulative — the older we get, the more likely we are to develop eyelid cancer. People with fair skin, and blonde or red hair and light eyes are particularly at risk. click for more
- Michael’s Pizzeria Italy has arrived in Rancho Mirage, fresh from the belly of an 850 degree oven — picture a... click for more