Info Center

“The Tournament that Built a Hospital”

Eisenhower Renames Building in Honor of Hope Classic

The Bob Hope Chrysler Classic has a long-standing tradition of providing not only enormous fun, but also, enormous fundraising in the Coachella Valley, lending financial support to nearly 40 local charitable organizations since its inception in 1960. Included among them has been Eisenhower Medical Center, which over the years has received $29 million worth of support from the Classic. Today, the Bob Hope Chrysler Classic is counted among the most significant and cherished sources of support for Eisenhower.

On January 19, Eisenhower honored this priceless relationship with the Classic by renaming the $25 million, 50,000 square foot professional building formerly known as Hope Square Professional Building to the Bob Hope Chrysler Classic Medical Building at Eisenhower; the Center also re-named the entry road to the building, Hope Classic Way.

“This is a very special day in our history,” said Harry M. Goldstein, Chairman of the Board, Eisenhower Medical Center, at the dedication ceremony. “This is truly the tournament that built a hospital. . .the idea that ultimately became Eisenhower Medical Center started with the Bob Hope Classic Board in 1959. To this day, the Bob Hope Chrysler Classic remains a vital partner in our ongoing success at Eisenhower.”

The Classic further demonstrated its commitment to Eisenhower at the dedication ceremony with the presentation of a check for $1 million, and an additional $250,000 grant to support nurse training programs in the Coachella Valley.

/body.cfm|107.20.131.154||UA-85218-1