- Professional Education
Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) Training
- The Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) Training will be held at the Annenberg Center for Health Sciences from 02/04/2014 to 02/07/2014 from 08:00AM to 07:00PM.
This 4-day intensive training course will provide licensed healthcare professionals who are interested in practicing as Sexual Assault Forensic Examiners (SAFE/SANE) the training to enhance or establish the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to perform a basic sexual assault examination for adolescent/adult victims of acute sexual assault. This course meets the educational requirements of the International Association of Forensic Nurses (IAFN). Each participant will receive an in-depth orientation to physical, emotional and social reactions to sexual assault. There will be an opportunity for each participant to perform a standard evidentiary physical evaluation and examination, as well as the opportunity to collect forensic evidence with the use of anatomical models. A preceptor ship following this training course is recommended.
- It is suggested that participants have at least 1 year of recent clinical experience in an acute care environment, preferably in the ER or OB/GYN setting.
- Registration is not complete until registration form & fee is submitted (see attached registration brochure)
- This course is subject to cancellation if the minimum class requirement is not meant. (Make travel arrangements accordingly.)
- Provider approved by CA Board of Registered Nursing CEP#861 for 40 contact hours.
***Nurses who wish to become part of the sexual assault response team need to contact Jill Crum at email@example.com to interview prior to registration.
Room reservations for the Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa can be made online. Click here to make your room reservations.Speakers for this event include; Diana Faugno RN, MSN, CPN, SANE-A, SANE-P The following agencies will be presenting: Coachella Valley Sexual Assault Services Victim Witness Assistance/Compensation Riverside County Sheriff’s Department Riverside County District Attorney’s Office.
- Registration for this event has closed.