Find a Doctor
Glen R. Stream, MD
- Argyros Health Center
- 45280 Seeley Dr., 3rd Fl
- La Quinta, CA 92253
- (760) 610-7300
- Google Map
- Glen Stream, MD, MBI, is Board Certified in Family Medicine. Upon receiving his medical degree at the University of Washington School of Medicine, Dr. Stream completed his residency in family medicine at Swedish Medical Center in Seattle, Washington. After practicing medicine in Washington for more than 25 years, Dr. Stream and his wife (also a family physician) have recently moved to the Coachella Valley as Primary Care 365 physicians with Eisenhower Medical Center.
As a student, Dr. Stream excelled in sciences and assumed he would pursue a career in science until his high school chemistry teacher had a medical student speak to his class. From that point, Dr. Stream knew medicine would be his future. Always active in Boy Scouts and being outdoors, Dr. Stream desired to practice medicine in a rural community. Family medicine provided the broad-based knowledge that he needed to successfully respond to the needs of the 2,700 person community where he first practiced. “I like to do a bit of everything…family medicine affords me variety within my medical practice and the ability to focus on relationships — which motivates me,” states Dr. Stream.
“I enjoy long-term relationships with my patients,” states Dr. Stream. “Being able to care for multi-generations within the same family is very rewarding and I receive great satisfaction in knowing my patients and their family over time.”
In reflecting on his role in a patient’s health care needs, Dr. Stream states, “My role is to be my patients’ advocate within the health care system. Primary Care physicians can manage 80 to 90 percent of patients’ health needs and coordinate specialty care when needed. My job is to oversee their health care and provide them with the best resources to make decisions that will help them achieve their best possible health. Alleviating apprehension and anxiety is also a critical part of my role.”
In addition to his medical degree, Dr. Stream has a Master of Biomedical Informatics degree and is certified as a specialist in Clinical Informatics by the American Board of Preventive Medicine — a field that concerns the optimal use of data and information, aided by the use of technology to improve health care. He also has a special interest in public policy and has been involved in the American Academy of Family Physicians in health policy development and advocacy.
- Professional Details
- Family Medicine*
- Eisenhower Primary Care 365
- Professional Education
- Univ of Washington School of Medicine
- Swedish Family Medicine Residency
- Board Certification
- American Board of Family Medicine
- American Board of Prev Med/Clinical Informatics
- Publication Date: February 28, 2015