Inpatient Rehabilitation Center
The Inpatient Rehabilitation Center uses a multidisciplinary teamwork approach to provide inpatients with the highest quality of care possible to maximize patient outcomes. Employing the latest evidenced-based therapies, we are committed to providing the highest quality care possible by clinicians with advanced certifications unmatched by any other provider in the Coachella Valley.
In addition to comprehensive physical, occupational and speech therapy services the Inpatient Rehabilitation Center offers, Eisenhower Medical Center's Rehabilitation Services department has various specialty programs for both inpatient and outpatient services.
Eisenhower Medical Center Inpatient Rehabilitation Center - Video
The new Inpatient Rehabilitation Center seeks to create a compassionate and safe environment, using a patient-centered approach to care and healing by creating an individualized treatment plan based on impairments (what type of disease caused the dysfunction), activity limitations (disabilities) and participation limitations (community integration). The program is individualized to each patient's specific needs.
Utilizing physical, occupational and speech/language therapies as required by the patient's treatment plan, inpatient acute rehabilitation is structured to return the patient to a high quality of life and assist the patient to regain the highest level of normal daily functioning.
Both the patient and their family will learn to manage impairments that affect:
- Self care
- Cognitive skills
- Other activities of daily living
Employing a team approach - physicians, nurses, therapists and other specialized rehabilitation professionals as well as the patient and their family members, will create a customized intensive inpatient therapy program to meet the patient's needs. Education and training necessary to manage medical needs following discharge will be provided to both the patient and family or caregiver.
Inpatient specialty programs, focused on Eisenhower Medical Center's four centers of excellence, include the following:
Common diagnoses for patients who require intensive inpatient acute rehabilitation therapy include:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Dysfunction
- Joint Replacement
- Neuromuscular Conditions
- Arthritic Conditions
For information regarding inpatient services, please call 760- 834-7870.
Equipment and Facilities
- A large open space for gait and transfer training
- State-of-the-art cardio and strength training equipment
- Training kitchen and bathroom
- Large exercise classroom
- Outdoor training space
- Car module for transfer training
- Case management support
- Smooth transition to primary care and specialty services after leaving the hospital
The goal of the Inpatient Rehabilitation Center is to provide patients with high levels of patient satisfaction with a functional recovery and community integration.
- Patients should be referred to the Inpatient Rehabilitation Center by a physician.
- Once a referral is made, a pre-admission assessment is conducted to determine if the patient is sufficiently stable to participate in a rehabilitation therapy program.
- The patient must need at least two therapy modalities - such as physical, occupational and/or speech therapy.
- Patients in the Inpatient Rehabilitation Center must participate in a minimum of three hours of directed rehabilitation therapy per day.
- Adequate support resources need to be available at discharge to allow the patient to return to a home setting with or without support.
- Insurance preauthorization for the Inpatient Rehabilitation Center is needed.