- For the second consecutive year, Eisenhower Medical Center has been named one of the top hospitals in the United States. According to HealthGrades®, the nation’s leading health care ratings company, Eisenhower is among the nation’s top five percent... click for more
- The new Walter and Leonore Annenberg Pavilion is the twelfth largest construction project in the State of California, and is being built based on the stringent standards of the Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development. It will meet or... click for more
- The Eisenhower Lucy Curci Cancer Center has been awarded a grant from The Wellness Community and The Lance Armstrong Foundation to present a comprehensive six-week cancer survivorship program. Eisenhower is one of only 20 organizations nationwide to... click for more
- Native American artist and practicing shaman Leo White Bear will be a special guest speaker at the Arts and Healthcare Program at Eisenhower Medical Center for several events this April.
White Bear and his wife Jackie reside on a farm surrounded... click for more
- At a ribbon-cutting ceremony on Thursday, January 22, 2009, Eisenhower Medical Center unveiled its newly expanded Tennity Emergency Department. Named for Eisenhower supporters Marilyn and her late husband Bill Tennity, the 44,000 square-foot,... click for more
- You may have heard about guidelines suggesting that walking 10,000 steps is optimum for health. Walking can improve cardiovascular health and increase weight loss, and walkers in general have lower incidences of cancer, stroke and diabetes. But... click for more
- What used to be a confusing little nook of items in the local supermarket’s produce section is steadily becoming a plethora of colorful and enticing eats that consumers are demanding. Organic foods are fast becoming the choice of consumers.
... click for more
- Palm Desert native and Eisenhower Medical Center anesthesiologist Todd Smith, MD says life looks a “whole lot simpler” after returning from a six-month stint on the front lines in Iraq from January to June 2006. As a member of the United States Air... click for more
- During the mid-summer months, oral and maxillofacial surgeon Peter Scheer, MS, DDS takes a break from his busy practice to make his annual sojourn to Vienna, Austria. He travels to the AKH (Allgemeines Krankenhaus der Stadt Wien) Vienna General... click for more
- In October 2008, Eisenhower Cardiologist Charlie Shaeffer, Jr., MD, FACC traveled to Southeast Asia volunteering his time and knowledge.
For the first several days of his two-week trip, Dr. Shaeffer joined 1,500 cardiologists as a participant in... click for more
- In 2008, Michael Sanford, MD, Chairman of the Department of Surgery at Eisenhower Medical Center, received the Extraordinary ACTS Award from Riverside County EMS (Emergency Medical Services) for assisting at the scene of an automobile accident.... click for more
- In February 2005, at the age of 48, Selby Dunham heard words from her doctor that every woman fears: she had invasive ductal carcinoma, Stage III, breast cancer. Now, she was sitting in the office of Eisenhower oncologist Luke Dreisbach, MD,... click for more
- While approximately one in six men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer, only one in 35 will die of the disease—less than three percent. The overall five-year survival rate for prostate cancer is virtually 100 percent. After 10 years it is 92... click for more
- The National Cancer Institute defines radiation therapy as the use of a certain type of energy, called ionizing radiation, to kill cancer cells and shrink tumors. Radiation therapy injures or destroys cancer cells in the area being treated by... click for more
- Half of all cancer patients receive radiation therapy for at least part of their cancer treatment. Radiation therapy is defined as treatment of disease with ionizing radiation. It uses high-energy rays to prevent cancer cells from growing and... click for more
- A native of Los Angeles, Myron Chlavin has lived in the Coachella Valley for more than 20 years. He met his wife Jo-Ann at Canyon Country Club, where she was working at the time. Like Myron, Jo-Ann came to the desert from Los Angeles.
“Now, I... click for more
- The Center is a destination treatment center for prostate cancer patients, the first and still only institution of its kind in California. It brings together in one place state-of-the-art technology, a multidisciplinary medical staff that includes... click for more
- The research being done in the Eisenhower Lucy Curci Cancer Center has the potential to significantly affect the health of patients currently living in the Coachella Valley and the health and well-being of generations to come.
The Genetic Research... click for more
- An “electronic medical record” is a complete patient medical file in a digital format. The files are maintained on a health care provider’s secure, digital network, enabling medical teams to efficiently share information about a patient among... click for more
- Eisenhower’s Rehabilitation Services Department has recently opened the Pelvic Health Clinic, a program designed to treat conditions relating to the pelvic floor. Staffed by specially trained physical therapists using the latest technology available... click for more
ealthy nutrition comes from eating a balance of textures, flavors and tastes with visual appeal. We eat with our eyes, as well as enjoy the taste of the food itself, and visually the color green is associated with life and vitality.
Green foods... click for more
- The more than 1,000,000 people visiting Joshua Tree National Park annually to discover its majestic beauty and enjoy the blooms of its many wildflowers have Minerva Hoyt to thank. Upon marrying Dr. Sherman Hoyt, this southern belle was transplanted... click for more