- Studies show that better outcomes are associated with the volume of cases
of both the individual surgeon and the hospital.
by Joel Hirschberg, MD
Medical Director, Arthritis Education Program
Eisenhower Medical Center
... click for more
- Far beyond what the name implies, A Day of Hope for Diabetes® offers more than just a promise of optimism for those affected with diabetes and their families — it affords a wealth of vital education and inspiration, flanked by a day-long Product... click for more
- In this two-part series about the on and off of Parkinson’s disease, Healthy Living magazine will first define the term on and off as it relates to Parkinson’s and explore the role that food may play in the effectiveness of Parkinson’s medications.... click for more
- Jackie Lee and Jim Houston met with Eisenhower Medical Center Foundation President Michael Landes to discuss life, healthy living and Eisenhower Medical Center.
MICHAEL: Jim and Jackie Lee, tell us why you are so involved in not for profits in the... click for more
- Sleep. It is a non-negotiable, vital part of our existence, as important as food and water and the air that we breathe. Without it, we start to crumble — physically and emotionally, and in some instances, we become a danger to ourselves and others.... click for more
- Spring is here and it’s time to reflect back on those New Year’s resolutions we might have made to eat better and to avoid foods which contain unhealthy fats, specifically trans fat.
To help us make those better choices, the Food and Drug... click for more
- Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy restore your ability to function after injury, and/or prevent injury. They utilize a team approach in collaboration with your physician to establish an individualized program, which you perform in the... click for more
- The contrast is inescapable, like a single note floating above the orchestra, a solo voice that expands and leads the way to a burst of sound from the entire violin section. The California poppy, delicate and subtle in small numbers, is a sight to... click for more
- You can’t surf in Minnesota, but you can canoe and fish and take long walks in the October air at dawn, breathing in a musky blend of black earth, leaves and frost. Ironically, native Minnesotan David Romness,MD, the new Chair of Eisenhower Medical... click for more
- According to the National Sleep Foundation, over half of American adults have trouble sleeping a few nights a week or more. The most common complaint is insomnia, but sleep disorders are also a result of obstructive sleep apnea, restless legs... click for more
It is my pleasure to highlight two
exceptionally vital forces in our
community and at Eisenhower
Medical Center — Jim and Jackie Lee
Houston. In this issue of Healthy
Living, the Houstons candidly discuss
life, the inspiration that... click for more
Hand washing is the number one method ofdecreasing infections.
Eisenhower Medical Center will commemorate
National Patient Safety Awareness Week,
March 5 to 11, with a strong commitment to
Patient Safety — long a primary focus of the... click for more
- Eisenhower Cardiovascular Surgeon S. N. Mitruka, MD, was one of a select group invited to participate in the Atrial Fibrillation Leaders’ Summit in Minneapolis, Minnesota, in early December. The summit included cardiac surgeons and... click for more
The warning signs are explicit: drinking alone or in secret; not remembering
conversations; losing interest in favorite activities; becoming intentionally
intoxicated to feel “normal;” having problems with friends, family, finances.
According... click for more
Philip A. Dombrowski has been
appointed President and Chief
Executive Officer of the
Annenberg Center for Health
Sciences at Eisenhower, the Board of
Directors recently announced.
As former “first” Executive Director
for The... click for more
- On the warm, clear afternoon of January 21, 2006, Senator Barbara Boxer visited the Eisenhower Lucy Curci Cancer Center to talk about securing $500,000 in funding for the Arnold Palmer Prostate Center. Two years earlier, Boxer had visited Eisenhower... click for more
- The 18th annual Frank Sinatra Countrywide Celebrity Invitational Golf Tournament hosted by Barbara Sinatra is set for Friday, February 24 and Saturday, February 25, 2006 to benefit the non-profit Barbara Sinatra Children’s Center at Eisenhower. The... click for more
- Launched in 2002, Campaign Eisenhower has become the largest fundraising campaign in the history of Eisenhower Medical Center.
In recent years, however, the campaign has been propelled forward with even greater momentum, thanks in part to a cadre... click for more
- On Saturday, April 22, at 9 a.m., the Eisenhower Lucy Curci Cancer Center
will host a community-wide event bringing cancer awareness and prevention
to the Coachella Valley. Following a continental breakfast in the Healing
Garden,... click for more
- On March 30, 1958, the United States House of Representatives adopted a resolution commemorating Doctors’ Day, and in 1990, legislation was introduced establishing a National Doctors’ Day. President George Bush signed the resolution on October 30,... click for more
- On Friday, March 31, 2006, 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Eisenhower Lucy Curci Cancer Center will host Day of Caring. . . about Women and Cancer. This event will focus on cancer prevention, detection and treatment for the women of our community:
Lung... click for more
- On Friday, February 3, Eisenhower Medical Center was awash in a sea of red, commemorating NATIONAL GO RED FOR WOMEN DAY, a day of national awareness for the growing problem of heart disease in women. Nationally a woman dies every 60 seconds as a... click for more
- The Bob Hope Chrysler Classic has a long-standing tradition of providing not only enormous fun, but also, enormous fundraising in the Coachella Valley, lending financial support to nearly 40 local charitable organizations since its inception in... click for more
It promises to be a day of great fun,
elegant terrace dining, fabulous
fashions and exciting festivities. . .
all in the name of a greater cause. On
Sunday, March 26, the plush grounds
of Indio’s Eldorado Polo Club will be
the site of... click for more
National Volunteer Week is April 23
to 29, a time the nation has set
aside to thank one of its most precious
commodities — volunteers — and
to call the public's attention to all that
they do to improve our communities.
Michael D.... click for more