- Osteoarthritis (OA) is the most common type of arthritis, affecting more than 21 million people in the United States. This degenerative condition, characterized by joint pain, stiffness and limited mobility, can occur in any joint, but generally... click for more
- When the Arnold Palmer Prostate Center opened in January 2005, its goal was to provide skilled, coordinated and compassionate treatment to the men of the Coachella Valley and beyond – perhaps to the entire nation. But what the organizers and... click for more
- According to an article in the October issue of Diabetes Care, cigarette smokers are nearly three times more likely to develop Type 2 diabetes than non-smokers. In a recent national study, scientists at Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center... click for more
- In the world of the Parkinsonian, Eisenhower Medical Center’s Phillip and Carol Traub Parkinson’s Center is tranquility amidst a sometimestormy sea. In this two-part series, Healthy Living magazine will explore not only the many services offered by... click for more
- Harry M. Goldstein, Chairman of the Board Harry M. Goldstein has served as Chairman of the Board of Eisenhower Medical Center since 2000. In addition to a successful career in the business and banking world of Illinois, Mr. Goldstein has been... click for more
- Her first thought was one of terror – “absolute terror.”
That’s what Yvonne Hawk,an otherwise healthy and active 62-year-old, felt when she received the startling diagnosis in March of this year – a diagnosis that more than 250,000 women receive... click for more
- Midwesterner finds Cancer Reprieve at Eisenhower
by J. Tracy Hermann | photo by Charlie Reese
Her first thought was one of terror – “absolute terror.”
That’s what Yvonne Hawk,an otherwise healthy
and active 62-year-old, felt when she... click for more
- Eisenhower Medical Center has the distinction of being among the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals®, a special accomplishment for a not-for-profit hospital. Dedicated donors like Deborah and Kenneth Novack, who in 2004 helped launch the Schnitzer/Novack... click for more
- When it comes to treating breast cancer at the Eisenhower Schnitzer/Novack Breast Center, ten heads are better than one.
Such was the thinking behind the development of the Breast Cancer Interdisciplinary Pre-Treatment Planning Conference, a group... click for more
- Dana Reeve, the wife of the late actorhumanitarian Christopher Reeve, is the most recent in a series of famous people to receive the troubling diagnosis of lung cancer.
Even though many people such as Mrs. Reeve are not active smokers, they may... click for more
- Fragile I come for support, caring, fun, laughter, conversation, healing. I leave with joy, hope, friends, belonging, strength. My body is stretched, strengthened, energized, valued. My being is whole again.” — Barbara Cummings
Those who... click for more
- Although the Inn encompasses a full downtown city block, this luxurious and palatial hideaway that has played host to both Hollywood socialite and foreign dignitary, is tucked neatly out of sight and sound of the nearby freeways: California Highways... click for more
- The Eisenhower Lucy Curci Cancer Center is truly a healing place like no otherSM, and also happens to be the most comprehensive cancer treatment center in Riverside County. Eisenhower is committed to healing cancer, and offers the widest range of... click for more
- What comes to mind when thinking of pathology? For some, something altogether mysterious or elusive, like television’s Quincy or Crossing Jordan. But for Eisenhower Medical Center’s Barbara Comess,MD, FCAP, pathology is so much more than just the... click for more
- The Eisenhower Lucy Curci Cancer Center is the only facility in the Coachella Valley to offer Stereotactic Radiosurgery – computerguided radiation that aims highly focused beams of radiation directly into a tumor.
Although radiosurgery has been in... click for more
- We are pleased to report exciting news – Campaign Eisenhower has now reached a total of $185 million toward the $200 million goal. As you recall, Campaign Eisenhower is the Valley’s largest capital campaign ever, and its success is necessary to meet... click for more
- Come and experience a romantic evening under the stars to benefit cancer patients through Healing Harps – an Eisenhower Medical Center Arts in Healthcare Program that provides Vibroacoustic Harp Therapy within a healing environment.
You, the Night... click for more
- A team of esteemed medical doctors from China visited Eisenhower Medical Center July 22, while in the United States to attend a short-term training program in hospital administration.With the Chinese health care system currently undergoing... click for more
- The Nurses of Eisenhower Medical Center Bring Hope and Healing to Survivors of Hurricane Katrina Deidre Braun, LAC, Acupuncturist, embraces a Waveland, Mississippi, resident and other images from the hurricane-ravaged Gulf. by Beverly... click for more
- There’s a relatively new approach to surgery that is getting people out of the hospital sooner and back to their normal activities more quickly. The approach – laparoscopy – is also known as endoscopy and minimally-invasive surgery. The big... click for more