- We all hope it never happens, but what if there is a medical emergency and you had to be rushed to the hospital via ambulance? Would you be prepared for an unplanned hospital stay and absence from your home?
“As social workers, we are here to... click for more
- The comprehensive Eisenhower Sleep Disorder Center has recently been expanded and renovated. The Center now houses six fully equipped sleep rooms including a special bariatric area. Patient monitoring equipment has also been upgraded to meet the... click for more
- Personal trainers and gym memberships are not the only way to get fit.With the help of the Internet, anyone seeking to increase their fitness level can now find a variety of fitness and workout programs online that are effective and available at a... click for more
- 1. Have a Tea Party Invite friends or kids from the local neighborhood. Let them help you prepare the tea cakes, scones, little sandwiches and of course, the tea.
2. Spring Clean Your Medicine Cabinet Gather all prescription... click for more
- The Eisenhower Schnitzer/ Novack Breast Center is the first and only breast center in the Coachella Valley to earn the elite “Breast Imaging Center of Excellence” designation from the American College of Radiology’s (ACR) Commission on Quality and... click for more
- If you are like most people, once you find something that works — you want to use it again and again. It becomes that favorite restaurant, that favorite tool in your toolbox, or perhaps that special mechanic who keeps your car in tune.
But what... click for more
- For the first time, Healthy Living magazine highlights the important work of the Eisenhower Urgent Care centers. Eisenhower Urgent Care centers are there to help you when you need it…every day, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (until 4 p.m. on weekends and most... click for more
- It’s the largest educational — and inspirational —event of its kind in the western United States. The annual Jim Cook Day of Hope for Diabetes — now in its 16th year — offers the Coachella Valley community a wealth of information on the latest... click for more
- On Wednesday, March 23, the Barbara Sinatra Children’s Center at Eisenhower will hold a Community Children’s Day in recognition of Child Abuse Prevention Month. The event will take place from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Center on the campus of... click for more
- The Betty Ford Center now offers a new Pain Management Program. “Chronic pain affects about 25 to 30 percent of the population and confers considerable misery and disability to those who suffer its consequences,” says Peter Przekop, DO,PhD, and... click for more
- Everyone knows that meditation is a good way to alleviate stress. But, for some people,meditation remains elusive. Some individuals would like to meditate, but don’t know how, and others say they have tried... and just can’t. Try these simple... click for more
- Eisenhower Medical Center Surgeon David M.Hyams,MD has spent the last several decades involved in cuttingedge clinical research in breast and bowel cancer. Last September, Dr.Hyams once again participated in the prestigious Oxford Overview, a breast... click for more
- Eisenhower Medical Center Gynecologist Enrique Jacome, MD recently presented “Comparative Analysis of Vaginal Versus Robotic-Assisted Hysterectomy for Benign Indications” at the Global Congress of Minimally Invasive Gynecology in Las... click for more
- The first inkling Dr. Gloria Engel can recall of wanting to become a doctor was watching the Emmy® award-winning television show Medic when she was just a child growing up in the San Fernando Valley.“I liked the subject matter and that people kept... click for more
- I hadn’t seen a doctor in 45 years,” says Andrew (John) Brown, 69, a retired automotive industry executive. “I’d never been sick, and the only surgery I’d had was having my tonsils out when I was a kid, back in the days when they used ether,” he... click for more
- You wake up on a Saturday morning with a painful sore throat and a fever, and don’t think you can wait until Monday to see your primary care physician. Or, perhaps you haven’t yet established a relationship with a doctor, and you have what you think... click for more
- Dr. Jack Adams, a retired dental surgeon, believes in keeping fit.He works out at the gym regularly, briskly walking two miles on the treadmill at each visit. It’s a regimen that obviously works for this active and engaged 80-year-old Indian Wells... click for more
- When it comes to managing your health, it’s tremendously reassuring — and smart — to have an established relationship with a primary care physician who knows your medical history and understands your specific health issues. What would make it even... click for more
- My quality of life was pretty nonexistent,” recalls Vincent Stabile, 54, of Bermuda Dunes, referring to the excruciating back pain he endured as the result of degenerative disk disease. Although he’d undergone a laminectomy at age 38 to take... click for more
- Following a successful inaugural year of medical management,members of the Eisenhower Sports Medicine Program will again provide 24-hour comprehensive medical care to the professional athletes of the BNP Paribas Open,March 7 to 20 in Indian... click for more
- The Eisenhower Renker Wellness Center has earned a stellar reputation for its cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation programs, helping patients with heart and lung disease to improve their health through a regimen of medically supervised exercise... click for more
- While research shows that a diet low in transfats and high in fresh fruits, vegetables, and whole grains can help reduce inflammation and pain, certain spices may also be useful in decreasing inflammation and in pain relief. These spices have active... click for more
- Visitors to the Aquarium of the Pacific during its 11th annual Earth Day Celebration, A Celebration of Our Ocean Planet, April 9 and 10, 2011, will learn what they can do to help the ocean planet. The Aquarium’s Earth Day event has been going on for... click for more
- Imagine…timely announcements about the latest medical advances available at Eisenhower Medical Center, along with important news and a calendar of health events, all conveniently delivered to your e-mail inbox once a month.
It’s Health Notes…Tips... click for more