Surgical Treatment Options for Prostate Cancer LC
TH, Sep 18, 5:30 to 7 p.m.
Peter Ilbeigi, DO, Urology
Light dinner, register by Sep 17. Read More
Radiation Treatment for Prostate Cancer LC
M, Sep 22, noon to 1:30 p.m.
Robert Johnson, MD, Radiation Oncology
Light lunch, register by Sep 19. Read More
The Jump!: Helping Seniors Achieve Their Dreams AC
TU, Sep 23, 11 a.m. to noon
Webb Weiman, founder of Jump! Jump!
Call 855-687-5867 for information. Read More
Three Alternatives to Rid Stubborn Fat AC
TU, Sep 23, 4:30 to 5:30 p.m.
Timothy Jochen, MD, Dermotology
Intimacy, Sex and Prostate Cancer: Treatment, Coping and Communicating LC
TH, Sep 25, 4 to 7 p.m.
John Faulkner, MD, Urology
Desert Center for Sexuality Awareness staff
Light dinner, register by Sep 24. Read More
New Techniques for Detection of Prostate Cancer LC
M, Sep 29, 5:30 to 7 p.m.
Lance Walsh, MD, PhD, Urology
Light dinner, register by Sep 26. Read More
Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy: Making an Informed Decision LC
TH, Oct 2, 5:30 to 7 p.m.
Frederick Eko, MD, Plastic Surgery
Light dinner, register by Oct 1. Read More
The Benefits of Yoga for Breast Cancer Patients and Survivors LC
M, Oct 6, 2 to 3 p.m.
Jayne Robertson, Mind-Body Program Manager, Eisenhower Wellness Institute
Understanding Osteoporosis AC
National Osteoporosis Foundation Support Group
M, Oct 6, 11 a.m. to noon
Shanna Hirschi, Pacific Region Program Director, Arthritis Foundation
760-423-4855 Read More
The Treatment of Advanced Stage Breast Cancer LC
TU, Oct 14, noon to 1:30 p.m.
Amy Law, MD, Medical Oncology
Light lunch, register by Oct 13. Read More
Hot Topics in Total Hip Replacement Surgery AC
Eisenhower Desert Orthopedic Center Lecture Series
TU, Oct 14, 4:30 to 5:30 p.m.
Jason Weisstein, MD, MPH, FACS, Orthopedic Surgery
Erik Schnaser, MD, Orthopedic Surgery
760-423-4855 Read More
Most classes and lectures are free and early registration is recommended. For a full listing of lectures, events, programs and support groups, visit emc.org/calendar. Online registration is available for most events.
AC Annenberg Center for Health Sciences at Eisenhower
LC Eisenhower Lucy Curci Cancer Center
MZ Mizell Senior Center, Palm Springs
Would you like to have someone from Eisenhower Medical Center speak to your organization on a health-related topic? Please contact Vanessa Shanks at 760-834-7956 for more information.
We believe that a lifelong commitment to good health is one of the best investments you can make. Eisenhower's world-class Executive Physical Program, located at the beautiful George and Julia Argyros Health Center in La Quinta, provides a comprehensive assessment of your health in just one day, in one place.
Tailored to address your specific wellness needs, we offer the best, evidence-based preventive screenings to provide you with the maximum opportunity to discover the unique risks that may affect your long-term health and a road map to modify or eliminate those risks.
After your day with us, you will be equipped with the motivation, tools and knowledge to make permanent changes to improve your health and well-being.
- Customized packages start at $1,800 and are not covered by insurance.
For more information or to register for an appointment, please call 760-610-7360.
Our preventive medicine program is specifically designed to provide you with a comprehensive health evaluation, tailored to meet your individualized health needs. We build a carefully planned, custom four-hour schedule, centered around your health concerns that includes:
- A comprehensive review of your medical history and complete medical exam by our highly-trained, Board Certified medical professionals and a health risk and lifestyle assessment providing meaningful recommendation for maximizing your health and wellness.
- A full range of preventive screening tests for early detection of cancer, heart and lung disease, as well as other serious medical problems. Tests include:
- Vascular screening
- Comprehensive blood testing
- Physiologic and anatomic test
- Vision, hearing, breathing exams
- Musculoskeletal fitness assessment
- Ultrasound Screen (includes carotid intima and aortic artery)
- Optional tests may include:
- Chest X-ray
- Coronary calcium score
- Virtual colonoscopy
- Mammogram (for women)
- Total body scan
- Cardiac testing
- Bone Density (Dexa)
- Pap Smear
- Board Certified physician consultation to discuss test results, diagnostic impression and treatment recommendations.
- A comprehensive online report of your results within seven days of your appointment
- Other convenient, time-saving services include:
- A physician assistant to coordinate all logistical needs related to your appointment
- Light refreshments
- Private showers and dressing room
- Wireless Internet
- Ambassadors to provide escort to and from your appointment
- As needed or required, our staff will provide referrals to Eisenhower Medical Center's many health-related programs, including:
- Nutrition classes
- Exercise programs
- Personal training
- Smoking cessation program
- Diabetes management
- Weight management