For information call the number listed, or visit emc.org/calendar. Most events require early pre-registration, unless otherwise stated.
Eating Seasonally: Fantastic Foods of the Summer AC
Great Living Starts Here
TU, Jul 15, 11 a.m. to noon
Maureen McCarthy, RD, Registered Dietitian
760-610-7205; register by Jul 15. Read More
Communicating Concerns and Feelings LC
Lunch and Learn with the Expert
W, Jul 23, noon to 1:30 p.m.
Alison Mayer Sachs, MSW, OSW-C, Community Outreach and Cancer Support Services, Director.
760-834-3798; light lunch included; register by Jul 21. Read More
Secret for Healthy Living After the Age of 40 AC
TU, Jul 29, 4:30 to 5:30 p.m.
Ronald Levey, MD, Orthopedic Surgeon, Eisenhower Neuroscience Institute
760-834-7956 Read More
Cancer Myths and Realities: Getting the Best Health Care at Any Age LC
Tu, Aug 12, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Alison Mayer Sachs, MSW, OSW-C, Community Outreach and Cancer Support Services, Director
760-834-3798; light lunch included; register by Aug 11 Read More
Fact or Fiction? Popular Diet Myths AC
Great Living Starts Here
Tu, Aug 19, 11 a.m. to noon
Barbra Sassower, MPH, RD, CDE, Registered Dietitian
760-610-7205; register by Aug 18 Read More
Decoding the Lumpy, Bumpy Breast Throughout a Woman’s Life AC
Th, Aug 21, 4:30 to 5:30 p.m.
Andrea Randall Shih, MD, Gynecology and Obstetrics
760-610-7205 Read More
PSA Screening and Female Urinary Incontinence AC
Tu, Aug 26. 4:30 to 5:30 p.m.
Youssef Tanagho, MD, Urology
760-610-7205 Read More
Most classes and lectures are free and early registration is recommended. For a full listing of lectures, events, programs and support groups, visit emc.org/calendar. Online registration is available for most events.
AC Annenberg Center for Health Sciences at Eisenhower
LC Eisenhower Lucy Curci Cancer Center
Would you like to have someone from Eisenhower Medical Center speak to your organization on a health-related topic? Please contact Vanessa Shanks at 760-834-7956 for more information.
We believe that a lifelong commitment to good health is one of the best investments you can make. Eisenhower's world-class Executive Physical Program, located at the beautiful George and Julia Argyros Health Center in La Quinta, provides a comprehensive assessment of your health in just one day, in one place.
Tailored to address your specific wellness needs, we offer the best, evidence-based preventive screenings to provide you with the maximum opportunity to discover the unique risks that may affect your long-term health and a road map to modify or eliminate those risks.
After your day with us, you will be equipped with the motivation, tools and knowledge to make permanent changes to improve your health and well-being.
- Customized packages start at $1,800 and are not covered by insurance.
For more information or to register for an appointment, please call 760-610-7360.
Our preventive medicine program is specifically designed to provide you with a comprehensive health evaluation, tailored to meet your individualized health needs. We build a carefully planned, custom four-hour schedule, centered around your health concerns that includes:
- A comprehensive review of your medical history and complete medical exam by our highly-trained, Board Certified medical professionals and a health risk and lifestyle assessment providing meaningful recommendation for maximizing your health and wellness.
- A full range of preventive screening tests for early detection of cancer, heart and lung disease, as well as other serious medical problems. Tests include:
- Vascular screening
- Comprehensive blood testing
- Physiologic and anatomic test
- Vision, hearing, breathing exams
- Musculoskeletal fitness assessment
- Ultrasound Screen (includes carotid intima and aortic artery)
- Optional tests may include:
- Chest X-ray
- Coronary calcium score
- Virtual colonoscopy
- Mammogram (for women)
- Total body scan
- Cardiac testing
- Bone Density (Dexa)
- Pap Smear
- Board Certified physician consultation to discuss test results, diagnostic impression and treatment recommendations.
- A comprehensive online report of your results within seven days of your appointment
- Other convenient, time-saving services include:
- A physician assistant to coordinate all logistical needs related to your appointment
- Light refreshments
- Private showers and dressing room
- Wireless Internet
- Ambassadors to provide escort to and from your appointment
- As needed or required, our staff will provide referrals to Eisenhower Medical Center's many health-related programs, including:
- Nutrition classes
- Exercise programs
- Personal training
- Smoking cessation program
- Diabetes management
- Weight management